Welcome...Now at 500 Posts and Counting!!!

Welcome...Now at 500 Posts and Counting!!!

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Today is the Day


"Take that one idea. Make that one idea your life- think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is the way great spiritual giants are produced."
- Swami Vivekanada


Hello people well the day many thought would never arrive is finally here...after years of starts, false-starts and misfires Old Man Robb is at Perkins at old Acadia U where Robbblogs started in the first place and just a few short hours away from teaching his first ever class at Acadia U.... As i stated in my previous post, it has been a long long road to get to this point..alot of sacrifices and well...just times where life seemed bleak...and the road was absolutely leading to nowhere... but you know what? I rose about all of that bullshit and i am actually here and ready...good and ready...



My class is at 2:30..actually i meet my advisor at 1:00 to go over my class...spent the entire weekend doing powerpoints, class notes, back-up plans in planning for a two hours class with two breaks. Of course i am back here on Thursday to observe another class... will Old Man Robb finally be a legit teacher? As in not working for some ham and egger company which rips off kids and parents? As in teaching somewhere legitimate? It is a nice thought isn't it? What would Dad think? That is the one thing that i think about... i know there are alot of wellwishers and i do appreciate it...sometimes its the ones who don't wish me well that i think about...i think some of them...well a few of them are eating some well deserved crow at the moment...


Forget what you heard, recognize what you see.....i know you have all heard the rumors...this is the real me...i  never wanted to be different or be someone else...i just wanted to be me...



My class today  is about first impressions...what will my first impression of my class? What will be my classes first impression of me? What about the person grading me? What will his first impression be? There are many underlying factors at this moment in time... there is a few more weeks of this stuff folks...this and absolutely trying to finish Education 4863 where i have one final presentation to do... will Old Man Robb make it? I sound like the end of one of those 60s Batman episodes...the ones with Adam West...will Old Man Robb make the grade? Will the students laugh him straight out of the classroom? Tune in next week...jeesh...




I have to get back to the books folks...i wish they would turn down the freaking heat in here...phew! I know i came up way way too early for my class, but me nerves were telling me get there ASAP and start getting ready... i am hoping this is going to go my way folks...i have been at this TESOL thing going back a few years ago when i arrived home from South Korea... i have been at it...and at it...im not perfect and i've never tried to be and it is a ridiculous thought to want to be perfect anyways......but now is the the time to perform because the chance may never come again...i think im ready...i think i am...






Chat later folks...have a good one...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...