Welcome...Now at 500 Posts and Counting!!!

Welcome...Now at 500 Posts and Counting!!!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Richard Pryor


One of the greatest stand up comedians in the world passed away on Saturday at the still-young age of 65. Pryor had been suffering from multiple sclerosis for nearly 20 years. I discovered Richard Pryor fairly early on, renting most of his movies on our old betamax while we lived in Eastern Passage from 1983 to 1990. I remember my friend Jason would always shout out, "My dick is on fire, just like Richard Pryor! In reference to when Pryor nearly burned himself to death while freebasing cocaine in 1980. Man i swear i would rent a Pryor movie a week at one stage, even silly stuff like "The Toy" and "Superman III" were favorites of mine, cause Pryor made them better. My brother took me to see "The Toy" and i wanted a "Wonderwheel" and Richard Pryor to come to my house to hang out just like that brat in the film. Rest in peace Brother Richard..and thanks for the laughs. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Toy Was an Awesome Movie......

Eric Bates: I know what I want.

Morehouse: He wants the Wonder Wheel,
[he and other business men get into a huddle]

Eric Bates: The black man!

Morehouse: He wants one in black, so all we do is...

Eric Bates: The black *man*!

Morehouse: He wants the black man. Huh? Oh no. No. No tomorrow. No next week. No next month. No next year.

Unknown said...

Its worth it for the pure comedy of Richard Pryor running around in Spiderman pajamas!

Anonymous said...

No Doubt!!! Lol and Richard Donner Directed to

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...